JOB DESCRIPTION : FINANCE MANAGER (01 post) /(Deadline: 06-April-2019)
1. Prepare daily revenue report and circulate to all departments through email
2. Check and verified revenue in HMS compare with small bills (F&B POS Bills, Laundry bills, tours, etc.) room reservation documents, etc. before recording in Sage Accpac Accounting System.
3. Calculate and distribute monthly wages and salaries
4. Prepare financial statements
5. Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management
6. Providing direction to the night auditor so as to ensure proper revenue reporting.
7. Reviewing all ledger details such as guest ledger, city ledger, guest deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
8. If any imbalance or difference found on the ledger then co-ordinate with PMS team to solve the discrepancy.
9. Review the postings, payments, revenue, and guest balance reports on a daily basis
10. Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Property Management Systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS)
11. Bill A/R accounts daily and send the same to guest along with the supporting bills and statements
12. Follows up on any accounts within 3 days to ensure customer has received the invoice and does not have any questions.
13. Review the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Ageing reports on a daily basis.
14. Follow up 30 days after initial billing if payment has not been received.
15. Check customers credit ratings and flag accounts as ‘Black listed’ for long outstanding or defaulter accounts
16. Annual budget preparation
17. Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising limited cash flow
18. Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively
19. Prepare monthly tax submission and settle it on time.
20. Allocate expenses from pre-payment accounts to operating expenses
21. Prepare bank reconciliation to verify with Sage Accpac System
22. Maintain banking relationships and merchant services for business units
23. Create time table for payment of road tax, property tax, insurance renewal, monthly NSSF, tourism license renewal, loan repayment, etc.
24. Maintain files of contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
25. Monthly report for pending AL/PH leaves for all staff to General Manager in order to reduce the expenses in the future.
26. Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required.
27. Approving all Travel Agent Commissions and releasing payment after verification.
28. Ensures all new hire paperwork, benefits, performance appraisals, disciplinary action forms and other pertinent personnel documents are filed appropriately and maintained in accordance.
29. Assist in forecasted calculation of revenue expenses for the preparation of any banquet events to identify profit, break-even point or loss.
30. Preparing and presenting financial reports for meeting with General Manager and Owners.
31. Working with executives and business heads to prepare budget and track profit / loss performance by business unit.
32. Providing direction and training to hotel operation team in areas related to finance, financial report, internal controls, labour management, payroll, etc.
33. Effectively manage the accounting team through respectful communication, clear expectations, relevant training, productive coaching, and regular meetings.
34. Besides the above points, other tasks will be assigned.
JOB DESCRIPTION : PURCHASING & COST CONTROLLER (01 post) / Deadline: 06-April-2019
1. Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
2. Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
3. Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
4. Calls for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
5. A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
6. Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
7. Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
8. Ensures that all orders receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
9. Ensures that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
10. Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
11. Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
12. Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
13. Obtains written approval for established Minimum / Maximum stock levels by the Finance Manager or General Manager.
14. Checks, explain if needed and approves delivered items discrepancy report issued by cost control regarding price and quantity order variances.
15. Approves all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
16. Verify the 'pending orders' report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
17. On a daily basis prepare the list of to be cancelled orders and sent to accounts for deletion, with appropriate reasons.
18. Issues regularly slow-moving item lists.
19. Identifies items for standing orders utilizing vendor's logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
20. Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
21. Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
22. Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
23. Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
24. Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorized issue requests).
25. Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
26. Spot checks storeroom requests if properly maintained, verifies quantity requested and issued, proper items received by signatories & ID availability.
27. Spot-checks entered system quotations, period validity quotes locked by, etc.
28. Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to the hygiene of goods delivered.
29. Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
30. Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
31. Preparation of recipe costing by collaboration with Chef and F&B Manager.
32. Manage breakage, spoilage, wastage.
33. Monthly cost reconciliation.
34. Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.